When I post about how great my little family and I are doing, that night the kids are super fussy. When I post about a rough patch, THAT night they sleep. Go figure. Maybe I need to bombard my blog with downer posts to keep the pattern going? (I think not.)
I try to be positive as much as I can - even if it's just to convince myself. Like if I feel a cold coming on, I'll tell myself over and over again that I'm not getting sick and weirdly I don't get sick. Granted that doesn't always work - like on birth day when I was sure I was fine and the babies weren't coming yet. I figured a little monitoring, some pain meds and I'd be sent home. Not so much.
But I digress.
I know how lucky I am. I have healthy, happy babies! And supportive friends and family.
I declare this pity party over! :)
In other news....
- I have a few blog posts brewing in my head that are actually about the twins. They have very distinct little personalities and I rarely write about them.
- Their six month check up (at age 6 1/2 months) is next Friday. After that I will update their "Watch Me Grow" pages.
- I've been researching swim classes. I'm considering either taking one baby for an 8-week session and then the other baby for the next 8-week session or trying to get someone to go with me so I can take them both. It may be easier to find a sitter for an hour or two than to get someone to get in the water with us. I need to find out if the chlorinated water is okay for Sweet Potato's skin and do some research on swim diapers and/or swim pants first. (Anyone have any tips? I'm considering these.)
- Not only have I added to the twins' wardrobe recently thanks to great online sales and free shipping, I've added to their book collection too. In honor of Dr Seuss' birthday last week, I found a bunch of his books cheap. I'm pretty excited about this even if we don't get to really "reading" them for awhile.
- Even though it usually takes me a week to adjust to daylight savings time every spring, I'm looking forward to it this year! It means more daylight hours with my babies and if I am able to keep their "schedule" the same, I can keep them awake a little bit later and maybe they'll sleep in a little bit later too. That would be nicer for everyone.