- Hello friends! (not technically a "bit" but worthy of its own bullet just the same.) :)
- The boys and I had a great summer. We spent a lot of time in the backyard with a slip-n-slide and kiddie pool, at the local parks, and tried a few new things like our first visit to an indoor bounce play center.
- I attended a Parents Without Partners event (mentioned here). It was meh. It was a gathering at someone's house with a bonfire, tree house and trampoline. He basically lives in the woods (while also being in the suburbs) and his yard is a bit rugged and on a slope. Not ideal for toddlers with a 1:2 adult child ratio. I was hoping to meet other single parents, and I did, but most of the kids were older than mine. I'll probably try another event when my boys are a little older.
|The Dynamo walking down one of the flatest parts of the yard.|
- The twins turned THREE at the end of August. And, so far? Hardest age to parent. I had a party for them at a toddler gym and it was a complete success, however. So much fun and it accommodated a wide range of ages.
|Fabulous D's boys helping out...|
|Cupcakes for all! Yes, there are 3 candles on each cupcake!|
|We opened gifts at the party. The gift-givers presented their gifts one by one.|
|Then it was the twins turn handing out personalized party favors...|
- The boys started at a new daycare this fall through the YMCA. I was very excited for this change but not sold on it just yet. They hated it at first but have adjusted pretty well. Me? Time will tell but I am keeping an open mind.
|1st day of YMCA Preschool.|
- Awesome sitter moved away a few days ago. I'm really sad. She means so much to the boys, and to me.
|Rock adventures with Awesome (former) sitter in our back yard.|
- We got some early Christmas gifts: family memberships to our local zoo and children's museum. I finally am able to take the boys on my own to both places so these are great weekend activities!
- Speaking of Christmas, Santa gave me a gift early too. (The picture isn't great - it's much nicer in person.) Santa asked me to wrap it for him and put it under our tree to be opened with the boys. He doesn't want them to think Santa forgot about Mommy.
|Initials plus birthstone necklace. Love.|