Last week was the first actual in-person interview I've had since the one I had for my current job almost two years ago.
I've been reluctant to say much to anyone about these possible opportunities because of the whole jinx factor. The jinx factor was strong for me when TTC and, as silly as it might be, it has carried on to other parts of my life too. But I can't keep quiet. I might get an official offer TODAY from one of these positions!
I would take either one of these jobs if offered to me and the one I haven't heard back from and that is slow moving likely doesn't pay as much as I would like/need. I don't know the exact salary but they are a not-for-profit and when asking me my desired range, indicated that it was "slightly" high. (But she said slightly like 3 times so I don't think slightly describes it.)
I'm sitting at my current job (with very little to do) writing this post and willing my cell phone to ring. I've spoke with the two owners and the sales person and the person I would be reporting to spoke to one of my references yesterday and indicated they were very close to making me an offer. This potential position would be a work-from-home opportunity with another software company. They seemed pretty anxious to fill this new role for their growing-fast company and I would be thrilled to be able to tender my resignation and 2-week notice here today. Thrilled.
- If this was to work out, I would no longer be required to be on-call the week of March 18th which would be through my birthday.
- If this was to work out, I would no longer be required to be on-call for the weeks of Memorial Day and Christmas and I would no longer be the back-up on-call person for the week of the 4th of July.
- If this was to work out, I would no longer work one evening shift per week plus one Friday night per month in which Awesome Sitter has to pick up the boys from daycare.
- If this was to work out, I would no longer be required every 4 weeks to be on tap for middle-of-the-night-come-into-the-office software installs that no one told me about at my interviews.
- If this was to work out, on my lunch breaks from home I could take my shower, do laundry, pick-up the house, and even run to the grocery store saving a ton of evening time spent doing these chores. Evening time much better spent with the twins or sleeping!
- If this was to work out, when the boys start school in a few years, getting them on and off the school bus might be easier.
If this was to work out, I might actually start to feel productive again and be happier and less stressed.
If either of these jobs works out, it would be a very good thing. Stay tuned!