- A close friend who I had not seen since the 2ww for Beta with the twins (I wrote this post from her house the last time we were together) came to visit and stayed with me for a few days. It was so great spending time with her. I wish she never moved away.
- I went out three nights in a row which makes the number of times I've gone out at night since the boys were born about four.
- On the 4th of July, Sweet Potato fell into a pool. We had been sitting on the steps going into the pool but it was still scary as hell. Thankfully, my mommy instincts kicked in and I yanked him out by his legs. He didn't swallow any water.
- On one of my nights out (see second item above), my mother CUT THE DYNAMO'S HAIR without my consent or knowledge. And then didn't tell me about it.
- One of the pipes under my kitchen sink burst. My awesome handyman, who hates plumbing, fixed it on the same day.
- I went to a fun wedding with some close friends who I hadn't seen in a long time.
- The twins attended their second ever parade and second ever trip to the zoo. Although insanely hot during the parade, I would classify both events as a success.
- Worth repeating: my mother CUT THE DYNAMO'S HAIR without my consent or knowledge.
Here's some excepts from our messages:
J: So tell me, do you think U chose the right "guy"?
J: Only time will tell
Me: I don't understand the question. Seriously. (I really had no idea what he was asking)
Me ~3 minutes later: Ohhh, the donor?
J: Yes, duh! :)))
Me: I don't even think about it.
Me: I forgot how old fashioned you are
J: I'm not, I was just wondering if you ever think it
Me: He's my hero
J: That's GREAT! I am really happy 4 U!
J: You always did have your shot together. :)
Me: A lot of good that did me when it came to you
Oh and speaking of going out on a date (something I have not done in three years and the last one was with J), that blind date guy? Yeah, he never called. Oh well!
In other, other news, I'm planning a non-party birthday party for the twins 2nd birthday. Just us and some close friends who are regularly in the boys' lives. All those family members we only see once or twice a year? Not so much. Maybe I'll change my mind next year but until my boys can tell me who they would like to spend time with, I'm choosing who I think they enjoy being with the most. A big party for adults (who are not necessarily my favorites) with bigger kids my kids barely know who overwhelm them? I'll pass.
And in case you missed it, while I was out one night, my mother CUT THE DYNAMO'S HAIR without my consent or knowledge. I'm thinking this may deserve a post in itself. I bet you can hardly wait.